1) We now will have a service a communion service at 9:00 AM on the fourth Sunday of each month, so the pattern is currently Morning Prayer for the first two Sundays of the Month, and Holy Communion for the second two Sundays, all at 9:00 AM
2) The church is now closed for the work internally, but this will only be temporary. We hope by the summer once again to have the church open permanently.
3) As a warm up to Box Day on the 18th June, do come along to the events at the Old Congregational Chapel on Hall Road on the weekend of the 11th/12th June from 12 noon the 2nd Oulton Chapel Festival of Music and Craft Fair. James Huggins will be putting up posters round and about the village. Once again a craft fair, beer tent, pre-box day activities, art, music through the weekend, and a fine classical concert on the Sunday to finish. (Julien Ensemble doing the Messiah – tickets £10 from James 01603 660878)
4) Jazz in the Yard here at the Old Rectory on Sunday 17th July at 6pm. £5 entry and usual drinks, bring a chair etc…
5 ) We are on schedule broadly with the restoration and are please to announce that the service of rededication of the Tower will be on Sunday Sept 18th at 3:30 pm with guest choir and the Bishop of Lynn. All are most welcome.
6) The Royal Coat of Arms has now had a large dose of expert restoration and care. Needless to say it was in a much worse condition than first thought, so while we are extremely please at it’s current stabilised state, we will be raising some more money to try and finish this specific restoration project.
Other events for the calendar
Aug Sun 28th 2pm Church Fete (Recreation Ground)
Sep Sat 24th 6:30pm Harvest Supper
Oct Sat 29th 6pm Oulton Entertains (TBA)
Nov Sun 27th 9am Advent Carols
Dec Mon 19th 6:30 pm Carol Singing, The Street & Village
Dec Sat 24th 3pm Decorate Church (All) & 4pm Crib Service