MINUTES OF A MEETING OF OULTON PARISH COUNCIL
held on Tuesday 24th February 2015
1. Present: Mr. P. Killingback, Mrs. S. Mather, Mr. A. Nash, Ms. N. Poole, Ms. A. Shaw.
Apologies: Mr. G. Peck
In attendance: Councillor David Harrison (BDC & NCC), Councillor Steve Riley, (BDC), Stephen Jefford
2. Minutes: The minutes of the meeting held on the the 13th January were approved and signed.
3. Declarations of Interest: There were no declarations of interest.
4. Church Lane: The Chairman closed the Parish Council meeting for a general discussion about the deteriorating state of Church Lane and Hall Road. The regular use of a concrete clamp area by both agricultural vehicles and large HGVs is causing significant damage to the roads and verges surrounding it. A number of areas have been identified where the road is breaking up and there are deep gulleys where the concrete pad ends and the tarmac begins. There has been damage to vehicles and even with periodic sweeping there are issues with mud and fallen sugar beet on the lanes. The Parish Council was reconvened and it was agreed that NCC Highways (Chris Mayes) should be approached and a site meeting arranged with Parish Council members. It was also agreed that the landowner, Mr. Jim Agnew would be invited to attend.
5. Councillor Harrison reported that the NCC budget had been signed.
Councillor Riley reported that the BDC budget had been signed although it looked as if the Council would have to dip further into its reserves in future years.
He also reported that an appeal against the refusal of planning permission for the Aylsham AD had not yet been received.
6. Matters Arising: (i) Bottle Bank – the Chairman signed the new contract with Indigo which would start on the 1st April. He handed the form to the Clerk for her to copy and post. He also signed a payment form from Norfolk County Council which the Clerk would complete, copy and post.
(ii) Allotments: this would be discussed at the next meeting.
7. Planning Applications: There were no planning applications to hand.
8. Financial Matters: The Clerk reported that the Oulton Village Fund contained the sum of £3275.39; the Oulton Box Day account contained £771.26. OPC current account contained £9.75 and the Business account £2,468.52.
One cheque was signed to Mrs. J.H. Rogers for six months salary amounting to £320.00.;
1. Saxthorpe and Corpusty Development Plan: Saxthorpe PC were consulting OPC on the proposed development plan. The Clerk was asked to reply to Richard Lynam and Imogen Waterson thanking them for giving OPC the opportunity to comment. The areas suggested for development do not impact on Oulton and members had no specific comments to make except to hope that the infrastructure, ie. sewerage, would be capable of coping with more houses.
10. Date of the next meeting: This will be held on Tuesday 14th April.