Oulton Parish Council Meeting Minutes Tuesday 24th January 2017

MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF OULTON PARISH COUNCIL held at Oulton Chapel on Tuesday 24th January 2017

1. Present: Mr. Paul Killingback, Mr. G. Peck, Ms. S. Harrison, Mrs. S. Mather, Mr. A. Nash, Ms. A. Shaw, Mr. A. Windross

In attendance: Mr. D. Harrison, Norfolk County Councillor

2. Minutes: The minutes of the meeting held on 13th December 2016 were approved and signed as were the minutes of the site meeting held on 14th January 2017.

3. Declarations of Interest: There were no Declarations of Interest

4. Opportunities for Members of the Public to speak: Councillor David Harrison reported on County Council matters and said that work had started on the roundabout in Aylsham near Stonecraft.

5. Matters Arising from the Minutes: The information from the National Trust regarding car parking was discusssed. The Clerk was asked to write to the Trust to see if there was a possibility of their being any leeway in making local decisions regarding charging.

Oulton Lodge – after the site meeting on the B1354, it was agreed that the Parish Council would write to Norfolk County Council, pointing out there was no consistency in the road markings along the length of the road from Oulton Street to Elmerdale Bridge. A record of accidents would be kept and Mrs. Williams was asked to keep a note with dates and pass it on to the Clerk.

6. Financial Matters: The Parish Council had received a donation from Oulton Parochial Church Council to go towards playground equipment. The Clerk would acknowledge to Stephen Jefford. A new swing was being provided and all councillors agreed to this. Payment would be made at the next meeting.

No cheques were signed.

7. Planning Matters: There were two application for Oulton Hall, 20162197 and 20162198 for the formation of a raised terrace and for reconstruction of the interior and changes to fenestration. Both applications were approved unanimously.

8. The Clerk: A subcommittee will meet, consisting of the Chairman and Andy Naish and Andy Windross to discuss the details and a job description and draft an advertisement.

9. Noticeboard: A replacement noticeboard was needed as it was felt the present one is beyond repair. Steve Price would be approached and Sam Booker had also said he could help. Possibly a second noticeboard could be put at the other end of the village.

10. Grantscape: The leaflet about Grantscape will be put on the Parish Council’s web page with the request that anyone wishing to make an application will inform the Parish Council first to avoid duplication. Grantscape will be asked how they allocate funds and whether there might be a little more flexibility in the closing date. Ideally the Parish Council should find out what Cawston are likely to ask for. Suggestions at the moment include more playground equipment, the new noticeboards and a generator for the marquee.

11. Any Other Business: There have been complaints about noise from agricultural equipment round about 3.00am in the morning. The Clerk will ask Christopher Harrold if it comes from Street Farm. There is a possibility it may be from the Bernard Matthews site.

10. Date of the next meeting: This will be held on Tuesday 28th February 2017

This entry was posted in Minutes. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *