MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF OULTON PARISH COUNCIL held at Oulton Chapel on Tuesday 13th December 2016
1. Present: Mr. Paul Killingback, Mrs. S. Mather, Mr. A. Nash, Ms. A. Shaw, Mr. A. Windross
Apologies: Mr. G. Peck, Ms. S. Harrison, Mr. S. Riley
In attendance: Mr. D. Harrison, Norfolk County Councillor, PCSO William Kerr
2. Minutes: The minutes of the meeting held on 8th November were approved and signed.
3. Declarations of Interest: There were no Declarations of Interest
4. Opportunities for Members of the Public to speak: PCSO William kerr introduced himself as the sucessor to Brian Levy. He explained that parishes could now produce their own crime reports by going to www.police.uk/find myneighbourhood. Ms. Shaw asked about obtaining traffic accident records and he will look into this. He also said that he would be able to carry out crime prevention surveys on properties, if asked.
Councillor Harrison reported on County Council matters including the budget, social care and the possible increase in council tax for social care.
5. Matters Arising from the Minutes: Sadly the application for a grant to help fund Box Day had been turned down.
No further information had been received from the National Trust about car parking. The Clerk would remind the office that the car parking figures had been promised when Andrew Dawson had attended the previous meeting. Following on from the question of car parking, concern was expressed by councillors about traffic management at Blickling for various events.
Comments by Mrs. Williams at the previous meeting about the dangerous section of road outside Oulton Lodge would be dealt with at the next meeting by which time members of the Parish Council would have met the Williams on site.
6. Financial Matters – Budget and Precept: Two cheques were signed. To Paul Killingback who had paid for the wreath for Remembrance Sunday for £25.00; to Mazars the auditors as they had returned the audit form for minor changes for £30.00. The Clerk presented a budget and it was agreed that the precept should remain at £2,300. Mazars had commented that they thought the Parish Council was holding too much money in reserve, however it was pointed out that there would probably be increased costs next financial year to cover training costs for a new Clerk and money should also be set aside for possible road safety measures.
Norse are to increase their grounds maintenance costs by 5% to cover additional costs. The Chairman signed the new contract.
7. Planning Matters: There were no planning matters to hand.
8. The Clerk will be retiring from the Parish Council with effect from the 31st March 2017.
9. Any Other Business: The Highway Rangers had asked for comments about future work and the Clerk would ask them to look at all the passing places on the Street, in particular there was a very bad gap nearly opposite the Turkey Sheds at the end of the old runway. There were also potholes at the top of Itteringham Road near the Sovereigns and the 30 mph sign near the duck pond has been damaged.
The Chairman had received a thank you letter from 18B Squadron RAF.
10. Date of the next meeting: This will be held on Tuesday 24th January 2017