MINUTES OF A MEETING OF OULTON PARISH COUNCIL held on Tuesday 1st December 2015
1. Present: Mr. P. Killingback, Mr. G. Peck, Ms. S. Harrison, Mr. A. Nash, Mrs. S. Mather, Ms. N. Poole, Ms. A. Shaw
2. Declarations of Interest: There were no declarations of interest.
3. Minutes: The minutes of the meeting held on the 20th October were approved
4. Matters Arising: (i) Planning Application 20151443 Application for the variation of Condition 2 of Planning Permission 20080187 – Change of Use of Existing Building to Holiday Accommodation and Associated Alterations: This has now been agreed by BDC. The Parish Council was disappointed that the issues it and the neighbours had raised with BDC had not been taken into account.
(ii) The appeal against the AD at Aylsham has been successful. The PC felt that the Inspector’s reasons for agreeing to the development had not taken any account of the real issues and the construction and suture operation of the plant will have a major effect on Aylsham and the surrounding roads.
(iii) Playground Maintenance: Mr. Nash had this in hand.
5. Financial Matters: One cheque was signed to Paul Killingback who paid for the wreath for Remembrance Sunday on behalf of the PC at a cost of £25.00
A paper from the NALC regarding the changes to the audit process was discussed. The Chair was concerned that the costs of the new audit regulations are not clear and it was agreed that the Parish Council should put an estimated figure of £100 in the budget. It was agreed that in view of the lack of information on the potential costs of being automatically forced into the new arrangements, the PC should consider opting out of using the NALC panel of accountants and use a qualified accountant of our own choosing. The Clerk would consult other parish councils. A final decision would be made at the next meeting.
The budget for the financial year 2015/16 was agreed based on the current information but a decision would be made at the next meeting regarding the precept, although the feeling was that it should remain at £2,300.00
6. Transparency Code: It would appear that this Parish Council followed all the rules in the new Transparency Code. Ms. Poole who operates the website for the Parish will set up a separate Gmail account for parish council matters and ensure the agendas and minutes are published within the statutory time set in the Code.
7. Any Other Business: It was noted that the signage for the construction traffic to get to the solar farm site was incomplete. The Chairman would contact the firm to
ensure signage is clear.
8. Date of the next meeting: This will be held on the 26th January.
About this siteWelcome. This site has been created by the Parish Council to allow us to better connect with the people living and working in our village. You can read more about what the council does here and you can leave a response on most pages to let us know your views on the subject.
Every little helps…Please use the bottle bank in Oulton Street - your Parish Council gets rewarded financially so its worthwhile!
Subscribe2 our siteEnter your email address here to be notified by email when we update this site.